Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Follow-up to Insomniac Rambling #1 (and a partial list of some of my fav films)

Well whattya know? Maybe I do actually need less sleep than I thought. After only making it 4 hours in dreamland the night before, I had a super productive and creative day. Maybe it's time to start charting how well I do on X hours of sleep. It would be super cool if I could end up like the Diane Keaton character in Something's Gotta Give. I'd love to be a best-selling artist like Erica Barry. Every time I sit and flip-flop between sobbing and hearty laughter like she did in that one scene, I hope that means that I'm super creative and not super nutso!

So it's time. . . To discuss movies of course!!! (otherwise this will be a totally useless post). I'll try to narrow down the hundreds of my favorites to like my top 10. Maybe top 20. It would be easier to do it by category. Hmmm -- that's actually a great idea. To follow the "theme", I guess this post will be a list of my all-time favorite Romantic Comedies:

Amy's All-Time Favorite Romantic Comedies on Film
(in no particular order)

-Something's Gotta Give
-Must Love Dogs
-The Ref (with Dennis Leary)
-Bull Durham
-Moonstruck
-Serendipity
-Down with Love
-Amelie
-When Harry Met Sally
-The 40-Year Old Virgin
-Bridget Jones Diary
-Two Weeks Notice
-Dan in Real Life
-10 Things I Hate About You
-Return To Me
-Same Time Next Year
-500 Days of Summer
-Bandits
-40 Days and 40 Nights
-Love Actually

OK. I have to stop. Time waits for no man and I've got to get to work! So there you have it (I guess): My top 20 favorites. It's jut that I know I'm totally forgetting at least one, so I should have made it my top 25. eek!

I would love, love, love to hear what other's favorites are. One of these days I might bore you with a more detailed reasoning as to why some of those are my favorites. And you'll notice that The Ref may end up on more than one list.

Toodleloo for now
Just Amy

1 comment:

  1. Well Amy, I am impressed by your energy after so little sleep. I would be dragging by 10 a.m. (well I often do) if I'd only slept for four hours.

    I love your movie list. More than half of them are in my top 50, if not higher.

    ReplyDelete